Heartwarming Illustration Of A Dog’s Life Will Make You Want To Hug Your Pup Forever

It brings tears to my eyes.

Owning a dog is one of the greatest things in the world. Our pups fill us with more happiness than we can ever describe and more goofiness than we ever expect. There’s still sadness though, because you know that one day, you will have to say goodbye to your best friend.

This adorable illustration by Anything Comic reminds us that our dogs don’t know that sadness. They only know love, bacon and belly rubs. It also reminds us that we should focus on the joyful times that we have with our dogs, because we won’t have them with us forever – but we’ll always hold them in our hearts… and maybe, just maybe, we’ll see them again someday.

anything comic dogYou can purchase some of the artist’s illustrations in her Etsy shop.

People Are Scaring Their Cats with Cucumbers. They Shouldn’t.

What happens when you put a cucumber behind a cat?

Some felines couldn’t care less about the vegetable intrusion, but others leap high into the air when they see it. Videos of such encounters are going viral this week, as people try to see how their own pets respond.

But that’s not good for the animals, experts warn.

“If you cause stress to an animal that’s probably not a good thing,” says Jill Goldman, a certified animal behaviorist in southern California. “If you do it for laughs it makes me question your humanity.”

Don’t try this at home: It’s probably not a good idea to surprise your cat, experts warn.

Continue reading

10 Fruits & Vegetables That Are Toxic to Dogs

We all know grapes and raisins are toxic to our best friends, but do you know that cherry, apple or even potatos have their harmful sides too? Well, I admit, I don’t know. Luckily for me and my dogs, we haven’t had chances to feed them with these toxic fruits. Let’s go through these things, note and remember to never let our dogs go near them ever again!

#1 – Grapes & Raisins


The fact that grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs is becoming common knowledge among pet owners, and for good reason! They are toxic. While some dogs can consume grapes and/or raisins with no symptoms, it’s simply just not worth the risk. This is because consuming grapes or raisins can actually lead to irreversible kidney damage. So it’s best to make sure these are far out of reach of your pup.

Continue reading

5 Signs Your Dog is in Pain

Just remember, our dogs can’t always cry out to us when in need. Dogs aren’t humans, so they don’t speak our language. The best thing we can do to keep them comfortable is to learn theirs. Dogs display their pain in certain actions and behaviors that may seem subtle to us. Not everyone is a canine behavioral expert, but these five symptoms below will help you determine whether or not your loved one is in pain.

#1 –  Excessive Grooming


It’s normal for dogs to lick and groom themselves, but it’s not normal for this to become an obsessive behavior. If you notice your pet tending to a localized area he’s never noticed before, or has just recently started spending a lot more time there, it could be a sign that he’s hurting. Pets will often groom places that are sources of pain in hopes to clean and care for the wound, even if there is no open wound present. Be sure to keep an eye on the area and inspect it gently.
Continue reading

Xylitol in peanut butter might KILL your dogs?

According to a finding by the ASPCA, there is a new ingredient in a popular food item that most Americans have in their kitchens, that if ingested by a dog can kill them…

The new ingredient is called “xylitol,” a substitute sweetener that is naturally sourced, safe for diabetics, and has great dental benefits for humans.

The new ingredient is called “xylitol,” a substitute sweetener that is naturally sourced, safe for diabetics, and has great dental benefits for humans.

It sounds great for people, but it’s deadly if consumed by a pup. Continue reading


(h/t PetCoach)

Responsible dog parents find it imperative to have certain essential items at their reach for their furry family members. Here is a list of some of the most important pet friendly products you should have on hand in your home:

Hydrogen peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide

Most dog parents, especially those with curious puppies, can attest to the fact that their canine companions often eat foods or objects that they should not. If you are aware of your dog consuming something that could potentially be harmful (eg. Chocolate, grapes, toys), you should consult with your veterinarian or poison control specialist right away. They may suggest you induce vomiting, in which case you should use hydrogen peroxide for this purpose. You should consult with your veterinarian or poison control specialist for dosing based on your dog’s weight.

Ear cleaner